ROCK KID’S REOPENING POLICY & PROCEDURE
After much prayer and discussion, we will begin the process of slowly reopening Rock Kids Children’s Church.
We realize there will continue to be a wide range of emotions and opinions about Rock Kid’s gathering in-person again. Some people may not want their children to gather in-person at this time. Others have been ready for their children in-person for several weeks. Therefore, we will need to extend much grace to one another through this process.
Although we will do it as slowly & safely as possible, we do look forward to reopening Rock Kids!
WE ARE TAKING A FEW EXTRA PRECAUTIONS FOR YOUR FAMILIES’ SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OUR VOLUNTEERS. PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING RULES/GUIDELINES:
- Rock kid’s classroom & restrooms will be disinfected thoroughly before and after every class.
- Our Children’s pastor and volunteers will have their temperatures checked upon arrival.
- Volunteers are required to wear a mask for the duration of the class.
- Every Child will have their temperature checked upon check-in. If you child has a temperature of 100°F, they will not be able to attend class.
- Each child will have their own supply kit in a container that includes scissors, crayons, pencils, and/or supplies needed. The same bag with their name on it they will use weekly.
- Games/activities will be kept contactless.
- Tables and chairs will be 6ft apart (per CDC Guidelines) labelled with your childs name. Family members in the same household will be sat together.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available and at each child’s table.
- All Snacks will be prepackaged.
- All kids will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting their classrooms.
WHAT ABOUT MASKS?
There will undoubtedly be children with and without masks, so please extend grace to one another. All of our staff and volunteers will be wearing masks. We are leaving it up to parents to decide if they want their children wearing masks.
Weekly, we ask that you register your child online to reserve a spot for your children. We cannot fill our classrooms to full capacity, so space is limited. Please register your child(ren) weekly so we can prepare for them accordingly. This is also to keep your child safe. Registration will include a few questions to ensure each child is healthy attending.
The registration link we bill available on our website at www.lrchurch.org under the “Covid-19 update” tab and registration tab once registration is open.
- Check in will be in our normal spot in the foyer
- our doors open at 10:45am and check-in will begin at that time.
- only 1 adult is to check kids in. this is to keep the foyer clear and reduce traffic.
- upon check-in, children will join their parents for worship and be dismissed after to go to class.
- The children will go up the stairs to find their seat one at a time to ensure social distancing.
- Rock Kids will be dismissed one by one at altar call during service. Our Children’s Pastor and team will release them one by one to reduce traffic in the stair well.
- A masked volunteer will escort your child one by one to their parents in the sanctuary.
- At this time, your child will be checked out. We will request your check-in slip and manually check them out, so you do not have to visit the check-out center at the end of service to ensure a safe return to you with social distancing in mind.
- **Dismissal is subject to change as we navigate the best way to do so.**
Thank you for your continued prayer and support as we walk this journey together. We love you to life!